Welcome to the C.N.R. Bologna Research Area
The Bologna Research Area offers services and support
to the Italian National Research Council (CNR) and the National Institute for Astrophysics Institutes present on the site
as well as to those in other cities in Emilia-Romagna.
On the campus in Via Gobetti there are a total of eight Institutes belonging both to the CNR and to the Italian National Astrophysics Institute (INAF) together with the central Area Library, Conference Centre and ancillary services.
The site also accommodates ASTER (regional government science and technology agency) and various groups working within the framework of SPINNER projects (promoting innovation and research).
CNR Institutes on the Bologna campus
- IBIMET Institute of Biometeorology
- IMM Institute for Microelectronic and Microsystems
- ISAC Institute of Atmospheric Sciences and Climate
- ISMAR Institute of Marine Sciences
- ISMN Institute for Nanostructured Materials Studies
- ISOF Institute of Organic Synthesis and Photoreactivity
INAF Institutes on the Bologna campus
Other CNR Institutes in Emilia Romagna and Marche
- IEIIT Research Centre for Information and Telecommunication Systems - Bologna
- IRSIG Research Institute on Judicial Systems - Bologna
- IGM Institute for Molecular Genetics - Bologna
- CNRNANO Institute for Nanosciences (Modena)
- IMAMOTER Institute for Agricultural and Earthmoving Machines - Ferrara
- IMEM Institute of Materials for Electronics and Magnetism - Parma
- ISTEC Research Institute for Ceramic Technology - Faenza (Ravenna)
- ISMAR Institute of Marine Sciences - detached branch of Ancona